2010年2月26日金曜日

ホッケの開き(Hokke fillet)



My work finally slows down, so I finally have some free time!

I grilled dried Hokke the other day.
Hokke has proper fat, unique texture and rich taste.
However, its freshness easily declines.

We can have Hokke at all times of the year, but the most delicious time is only for 2 weeks in spring and autumn.
羅臼(Rausu) in 北海道(Hokkaido) is famous for Hokke.
Hokke in Rausu is really big and delicious, so Hokke from Rausu is very expensive.
Rausu dried Hokke is about 1800 yen for 500g.
Compare to the cheap one in supermarket is about 200yen...

Anyway, if you like fish, you should definitely try one!


'

2 件のコメント:

  1. Mmmm it looks good. I do want some. :D

    You know, every time I come to this blog you make me hungry.

    返信削除
  2. That's very good to know;)
    Because one of my purpose is to make you hungry!

    返信削除