2011年6月4日土曜日

Jose Rizal

Jose Rizal is a national hero in Philippines.
I was not interested in him at first, but suddenly got interested ever since my Filipino friend took me to the Fort Santiago and Rizal Shrine in Metro Manila.

I was so surprised to found out that it is required by law to read the books that he wrote.
He wrote so many books. Among them, "Noli Me Tangere" and "El Filibusterismo" are the most famous and his masterpieces.
It would not be an exaggeration to say that he was executed simply because he wrote those two books.



Currently I'm reading "Noli Me Tangere" and I found the book is very good. Interesting historical and Christianity contents full of sarcasm against the situation of Philippines at that time.
If you have a chance to read those books, please read them in Spanish because those books were originally written in Spanish.
(I'm reading English version since I cannot understand Spanish, but I will read Spanish original version someday!!)

Come to think of Jose Rizal, there are so many streets that are named "Rizal Street" or "Rizal Drive".
The place where I currently live now, its address is "corner Rizal Drive":)
He is very much respected by Filipino people.


'

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿