2010年1月29日金曜日

Japanese Green Tea (Part 1)

Today, I chatted about Japanese green tea while at work.
One of my co-workers is from Shizuoka prefecture which is a major production area of Japanese green tea.

A good Japanese green tea is really delicious, and I love it!
In our conversation, he told me that he could not drink other tea like we buy at a convenience store. Since his grandfather has a tea farm, he was grown up drinking delicious tea.

I sort of understand what he says. It obviously tastes different when you drink bottled tea. Once people get used to good stuff, it's really hard to degrade.

Anyway, our conversation reminded me that there are so many kinds of Japanese green tea that we have here.

Japanese green tea is classified into many kinds by cultivation method, plucking timing and production process.
Here are some popular teas:
抹茶(Maccya)
煎茶(Sencya)
玉露(Gyokuro)
ほうじ茶(Houjicya)
玄米茶(Genmaicya)


I'll talk about more next time.



Japanese green tea farm!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿