2010年5月6日木曜日

お寿司(Osushi)

In Japanese supermarket, they usually have packed Sushi like this.



This was 680 yen. Enough for woman, but for man, need bigger one.
The above price includes 醤油(syouyu:soy sauce) and 箸(hashi:chopsticks).

Do you see the green plastic thing?
That is called バラン(baran), which is a partition.
Originally it was orchid leave 葉蘭(haran:leave of orchid), the pronunciation is "Haran", but now we use plastic which pronunciation changed to "Baran".
It is said people in the past used Haran not only parting Sushi, but also for Haran's artistic apparance.


'

3 件のコメント:

  1. Not much artistic appearance in baran. :D Mmm I want sushi now.

    返信削除
  2. Haha, you have no idea how much I want to be in Japan. :) I really, REALLY do. In fact, a while back I was looking at what I have to do to move to Japan. I can bring my company to Japan too and keep my job. :D

    返信削除